Our mission statement is, ‘Putting the community in touch with Jesus’. It is our vision to engage with the whole community, to build relationships and network with the different people groups here, sharing God’s love through the good news of Jesus Christ in practical and relevant ways. This is an ongoing and long term process.
Jesus got into Peter’s boat and said, ‘Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.’ (Lk. 5:4). In the same way we are called to put out into the deep; in other words, to go, deep into the community. It is in the deep that fishing takes place. This is where, we believe God is at work and where He calls us to be; in every part of our community, to engage with different people groups, to build relationships with them, to be church among them and put people in touch with Jesus. This is where our Small Groups play an important part.
Our three communities are like three harbours. In the same way as a boat is equipped, maintained and safely moored in the harbour, so too our communities, like the harbour, are where we are resourced, equipped, envisioned and from where we are sent out. It is in the context of our coming together as a worshipping community that this sending out takes place. Growing in maturity in our relationship with God, as disciples of Jesus Christ and being in fellowship with one another, expressing His love for the whole body, are very important if we are to be effective and fruitful in the mission He has called us to here in Rainham and Wennington.
- We believe in the authority of Scripture as the Word of God revealed to us in the person, work and teaching of Jesus Christ.
- We encourage a personal relationship with God as Father, through Jesus Christ His Son, empowered by His Holy Spirit. In this relationship we grow and mature as disciples.
- We seek to be a friendly, welcoming and caring church.
- We seek to be Spirit led in our mission, evangelistic in our approach and Kingdom centred in our initiatives.
- We seek to engage with God in a culturally appropriate and meaningful way. We encourage intimacy and encounter through corporate worship, Small Group fellowship and personal devotion.
- We seek to create opportunities for each person to feel part of the church, participating and contributing in a wide range of ministries. We encourage everyone to discover and use their gifts and talents.
- We provide Bible-based teaching and training that is relevant and thoughtful, equipping members for everyday life and ministry.